Friday, December 9, 2011

2011 December: The Long Shot

Fifth term came faster than I imagined.  With an extra block tagged onto my 4th term due to a black sock issue I ended up owing almost $5000 to start my fifth and final semester at school.  I had exhausted all possible avenues for funding.  Bank loans, grants, scholarships were tapped and only the long shot remained. 

I had nothing to lose so I called my mom and told her not to send packages here for the holidays because my bill was way more than I had and I knew she did not have it either.  I had placed an phone call to my externship site to see if they would be willing to help.  I wouldn't hurt to ask right? But fearing for the worst I had filled out my leave of absence form and had obtained all the signatures needed for the temporary withdrawal.  I was in sad spirits that day all though I tried to keep a smile.

I was amazed at the results of those two conversations that day.  A miracle.  A blessing from above.  I was able to pay off the complete and final payment to the school in preparation for graduation.  I was able to get my final schedule and start the dreaded wines class.  Well dreaded my most.  I could not believe the perfect timing.  However intensive the studying and memorization for the class.  I get to taste 8-10 excellent wines daily for the three block leading up to our Christmas break. 

I plan on making sure that those who invested in me get their full return! 

No comments:

Post a Comment