Monday, July 11, 2011

2011 July: Welcome Back NY

     My eight hour flight is over and We land in Albany on a hot Saturday evening.  My luggage made through albeit the security checks and the broken zippers.  It was a good thing I tied them with belts.  The TSA left me a note stating that my luggage had undergone a thorough search and all items had been returned.  Ah Big Brother at work.
    
     Anyway, Karin was there to pick me up and she was dressed to the nines.  WOW! I am a lucky man to have such an awesome wife.  She had made dinner eservations for us at a local restaurant call "The Ginger Man".  We pulled onto a shabby street in an older part of Albany and there it was smack dab in the middle of this seedy neighborhood.  Parking was ample in the rear and we had a great seat up front by a selection of prints of various American poets.  So far so good.  A cool rustic feel with a casual atmosphere was perfect as the heat began to dip with the evenings cool breeze.
   
      I started my meal off with a Single malt Scotch tasting, Talsiker, Craggenmore and Glenmorangie.  Each a healthy portiona an Scotsman would be proud of.  Too this we had a charcurterie platter with a selection of truffled pate, cured lox salmon and smoked trout along with a house blended cheese spread.  MMM!  For dinner I had the duck two ways.  Cooked MR breast with a crispy skin and confit underneath.  It came with delicious vegetables and fresh mashed potatoes.  The tequila fig sauce while a nice sauce, in no way went with anything on the plate so I left it.  The rest of the meal was superb.  Karin had the Swordfish, baked without any fats of gluten to fit into her allergy diet and it too was remarkable.  What a great way to be welcomed back to New York.

Now I have to move all my stuff from storage in Valatie to storage in Hyde Park until Aug 2, when I move into the dorms.  A busy vacation this will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment