Sunday, May 15, 2011

2002-2004: Eichardt's ~ Second time around

Jeff approached me at home one day to see if I was interested in coming back to run the kitchen at Eichardt's again.  We agreed on terms and I accepted.  Jeff has always had away about him that he can relate to almost anyone and get them to come to terms.  I started back to work and soon learned that I had changed.  I did not drink as much any more.  I had quit smoking and my focus was on other things.  I would come in early do the prep and ordering for the day and make sure the dinner crew was set up.  Then instead of hanging out until 3 in the morning I would go elsewhere and live life.  It was new for me and at first it felt weird not be hanging out like I once had.  But looking back now, so many of us that had become so close there over the years havemoved on. The still live in Sandpoint and they most definately still visit Eichardt's, it just isn't the priority it once was.  I think we all grew up.  There is a new generation of younger patrons going through that phase now and I can look back and be thankful that I was a psrt of that world for those ten years.  Eichardt's will always hold a special place in my heart, as will the staff that was my family.

Cheers...

Things were going along at a good pace, life was fairly atable and I was approached by a gentleman named Joe Bill.  He offered me the Executive Chef position at a local restaurnant on the lake.  Swan's Landing had been one of the fione dining establishments in the region and had made quite a name for itself.  The food was good and the stories of the staff became part of the fabric of Sandpoint.  So I thought great. I finally got my due.  The dream was upon me.  Chef at the top spot in sandpoint.  I took the job and gave notice.  Oh pride oh vanity how you tease me so often in life.  The next part of the Journey would be a ride at sea during a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment