Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Scotland Awaits or " The Search for Shawn"

Two Weeks Notice - October 31: Halloween and I'm gone
After spending most of the winter living upstairs at Eichardt's on "ole Yeller" I decided to 'find myself' and sold my belongings on the streets of Sandpoint and went in search of my roots.

Cheww Chewww: I lost a bet one night at while having a few pints at Eichardts and ended up working as a waiter at a local eatery that was going out of businees.  I had to work there for two months as a result of losing the bet.  I do not rememeber what the bet was, just that I lost it and had to work there.  They microwaved ewverything.  The owner was losing his family and his mind and watched us on closed circuit T.V. all day up in his office.  HE had little train sets built into each table.  "The Whistle Stop"  I thad been a well known restaurant at one point in Sandpoint's food history but this was at the end just before it died.

Hiking in England: London, Bristol, Glastonbury, Chepstow in Wales.  Hiking Offa's Dike, Liverpool

Hiking in Scotland: Glascow, Germans in fancy shoes, black flies, Looking for the kilt wearing Highlander and what I spy: Spock and Worf coming out of Burger King after a Star Trek convention.
The West Highland Trail...off into the Highlands and...."it's gone" my money that is... back to Canada.

The boating life - Lake Ontario

My final discovery:  I was right here all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment