Saturday, May 14, 2011

2010 September - October: Skills II ~ E Block at the CIA.

SKILLS II : Advanced Fundementals

We continued in Skills II with Chef Soileau.  Now we would remake all the items we had made before, continue or knife skills practice add new items to the list as well as new cooking methods.  WE would cook the items together now as whole meals, complete thoughts.  Not just a starch but a starch, veg and protien.  All served up hot.  Perfect with just the right seasoning and balance.  At least that was the goal of the class.
Some did better than others.  But after Skills I and II we all started to even out on the basics.  I had almost thirty years experience and there were young kids only 18 and 19 who now having taken these classes had the same basic skill set that I had.  I could see the future of the culinary world taking shape among my new friends.  I am glad that I came back to school.  I will need this renewed vigor and refined skills out in the culinary workforce of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment